Tuesday, October 14, 2008

middle management

so i had the following conversation with one of the managers at my work:
-
Manager - Hi Marius, what are you working on?
Me - the compusa wmg callback box and taking CC escalations
Manager - are you always in 68 (Sup queue) when you work that?
Me - normally
Me - sometimes they have me sign off to work that but there aren't that many in it so i can work it between escalations
Manager - do you ever clear that box?
Me - sometimes
Manager - ok, do they move you out of 68 then?
Me - no
Me - i just work the CC dot than
Manager - fyi, you arent doing anything wrong, dont mean to scare you
Me - not scared
Manager - I know I cant scare you anyway LOL
Manager - some people freak when I start asking questions, imagine that
Manager - thanks for the answers
Me - no prob
-
this is what happens when managers have too much time on their hands
it would not have been that bad if he had asked me this a couple weeks into this process but i have been doing this for about 4 months now
most managers don't know how things get done but sometimes they get bored and feel the need to interfere otherwise they don't feel like they are being important
i give it a week before he decides to change the way i have been doing my job
oh and about 1-2 weeks after that until he realizes his new way is dumb and changes it back

No comments: